Monday 17 September 2012

August Budget 2012 Review


August turned out to be a pretty expensive month for me.  I really have no excuses for the food category. What can I say? I like to eat. I already went over for September as well, even though we just passed the half-way mark. I'm thinking I may have to raise the limit because I feel that I'm already very restricted when it comes to going out to eat and always going over budget is frustrating since I'm trying hard to not eat out. When I originally put the budget in place, the numbers I set were arbitrary and I was going to adjust them until they were more realistic. Since I feel that I'm honestly trying to stay under budget and it's making me unhappy, I think I should raise the limit. Then again, maybe I'm simply spending too much...

I went over budget in August due to having to pitch in for my little sister's early birthday gift and I had to buy some clothes because I realized that I didn't have t-shirts. With the gift taken out I' d still be on target so I don't feel too bad about last month but I have to do something about the food.

On another note, I was able to put away $1536.44 in August which is great since I wasn't able to work full time this summer. I'm not going to compare one month to another because my income fluctuates so I won't be able to draw many conclusions from that.

-the Paperboy

No comments:

Post a Comment